Welcome back to the show everyone.
This week we’re letting our inner mad scientist loose by prototyping and testing our ideas.
You’ll learn techniques to prototype and test ideas, why low fidelity, failing often and early is critical and mindsets that matter.
Some common pitfalls are:
- Not dedicating the time for testing
- Over analysing instead of doing
- Weak data – what people say instead of do
- Looking for evidence that only confirms your hypothesis
- Not doing enough experiments
- Failing to learn from insights and iterate
- Getting others to do the testing
Top tips are:
- Don’t fall in love with your idea
- Start low fidelity and increase as you gain evidence
- Expose the concept or prototype early and let people be critical
- Fail, early, often and low cost
- Track feedback, insights and progress
That’s all for this week – If you liked this episode – please share it with one person that needs to hear the message and leave a 5 star review.
Don’t forget to head over to the website and grab the list of 101+ innovation resources as a free download from my website – link in the description.
Until next time, thank you for listening in.
Here’s to your success!
101+ Innovation Resources FREE download available here
If you liked this episode, check out these:
- Podcast: Design Thinking 101
- Podcast: Brains, Bravery and Belief
- Blog: Design Thinking for Innovation – Ultimate Guide and Download
More about the show: Pivot & Grit